CompactLogix Major Fault

mrmss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Helo,

This is my first proper Rockwell project and I have run into a problem I cant solve.

I am trying to create an Add On Instruction to scale analogues and handle alarms in one block. Input Raw analogue value and alarm limits and use the in-built Alarm_Analogue function and the SCP AOI from Rockwell to achieve the functionality.

Problem is it works fine in Emulate5000 but I get a Major Fault on the real L32E.

I cant seem to find any help in the documentation on how to get at the Diagnostics Information - the help seems to say 'Get Rockwell onto this!'. I dont have/cant afford a Rockwell support contract.

Can anyone offer to fault-find my program or otherwise point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Code 61.PNG

Attachments

• Trouble_in_07_Analogues.zip
    386 KB · Views: 12
The only way to get around Type 1 code 61 is to send CF card image to the technical support for analysis - it will have fault info.
Also try to remove CF card it is not causing the fault. If code changes to 1/60 then you need to send CF image.
Also Emulator may damage the ACD file, so export it to L5K and import it back to ACD under a different name

In your program in AOI SCP
Handle the case of divide by Zero

Does anybody know the stack level for the L32E? ie how many calls to an AOI that calls another AOI that calls another AOI?

You can nest AOI's up to seven levels deep.

This causes a Non-Recoverable Fault (flashing red LED) with a Type 1 Code 60 on a 1756-L61 with v17.02 firmware as well.

I don't think it's necessarily the Scaling/Alarming AOI, as the fault happens as soon as you go into RUN mode even if the subroutine that calls all those AOIs isn't being executed.

Edit: The fault happens even if no subroutines are being executed ! There must be something in a definition that is crashing the controller OS.

Have you tried a simple test program with an ALMA in an ordinary routine, to verify that RSLinx Enterprise is all set up to subscribe to these ALMA instructions ?

Last edited:
I think Control_Conn put his finger right on it; when I saved the project as a *.L5K file, then re-opened it and saved as a new *.ACD file, I was able to load it successfully into the 1756-L61 and go into RUN mode.

I wonder what running the project as an Emulate 5000 controller does to the application ?

Great stuff guys thanks for the help. I knew not having the latest Rockwell stuff would bite me in the (_!_) eventually.