AB Analog Ouput Voltage problem

GTX

Hey

I am trying to set up an analog output on my Micrologix 1500 PLC and i have it setup to do 0 - 10 volts. But when i measure the actual voltage coming out its only 3.2 volts.

Any ideas what I am missing in the setup to have this problem ?

Thanks for any help

Barry

I assume you have the channel enabled.

What data format do you have it set to?

What value are you writting to the output?

Do you have it wired for voltage & not current?

What have you selected the output range to be? (default is +/- 10V)

Have you checked the resistance between Vout and ANLG COM(power down first), should be 2K?

Darren

- I have the channel enabled
- I have the data set to Raw/Proportional
- I am trying to write a value of 10000 (10 volts) to the output
- I have it wired to the voltage not the current
- my selected output range is 0-10 volts

I will go check the resistance right now.

Thanks for your help :)

Barry

Every thing is working fine. A value of 10000 is exactly 3.204 Volts. If you want 10Vdc then use 31207. What it sounds like you really want is the data format set to Engineering Units (0-10000)

Raw/Proportional is:

0 -> 0Vdc
31207 -> 10Vdc

Darren

Last edited:
Darren,

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

I switched it to engineering units and everything works fine !!

Thanks for all your help,

Barry