Running Proficy Machine Edition and Plant Edition on the same PC

BrianSS

Hello,

I am attempting to run a Machine Edition HMI app and a Plant Edition HMI app on a single PC, and I am not able to get them to run at the same time.

What happens is if I have the Machine Edition HMI screen up, I can start the Plant Edition app, which appears to start correctly, as it shows up in the taskbar. However, if you try to click on it, it will not show up, almost as if the application is locked up. Closing down Machine Edition fixes the problem

Anyone seen this or know where my issue may be?

I have ran ME and PE on the same machine many times, but not ME View which is the ME HMI app. Not sure if that's possible as the drivers may conflict with each other.

I would contact GE-IP support and run this by them.