Citect, Popup window

Hi,
I'm using Citect7.20 and need to popup a modal window. By modal, I mean the user should not be able to click on parent window until he/she close the popped-up window. I tried to use AssWin and some other window function, but i could not make it.
Would appreciate if anybody help.

Thanks

Hi,
I'm using Citect7.20 and need to popup a modal window. By modal, I mean the user should not be able to click on parent window until he/she close the popped-up window. I tried to use AssWin and some other window function, but i could not make it.
Would appreciate if anybody help.

Thanks

i haven't used 7.2, but on 7.2 and earlier I am not aware of functionality that you are after. the only thing i can suggest is make the popup full screen.

On The older versions of citect I used
WinNewAt("!Warning",160,200,80)

Warning being the screen you want to popup and the numbers are the position on the screen.

Im not sure if that works but is worth a try

Last edited:
On The older versions of citect I used
WinNewAt("!Warning",160,200,80)

Warning being the screen you want to popup and the numbers are the position on the screen.

Im not sure if that works but is worth a try

that mode will only give;

16 - No caption. The window is displayed with thin borders, no caption, and no maximize/minimize or system menu icons. The window cannot be re-sized.

64 - Always on top.

Unfortunately that doesn't help.evenif one use 64 to have the window on the top, parent window is still accessible.

It seems that there is no straight forward method doing so, although i found some tricks to make it happen.
Thank you anyway guys.

Can we create a popup by cicode? anyone help me!

It is easy:
1- create a normal window as the popup window.
2- use a push button in a patern window where you want to call the popup from, and use asswin("popupname",xpos,ypos) as input property of the push button.

That's all.

Let me know if you need more help.
Best
Mostafa

Thanks mostasa . I have just completed a popup.It very easy but it take many hours!i rewrite to anyone want to create popup in vijeo citect
1. create supper genie
2. create genie and add supper genie at first step in this genie page
3. Use AssPopup("pagegenie","%tag%")
4. create normal page, choose genie at second step and ru

Unfortunately that doesn't help.evenif one use 64 to have the window on the top, parent window is still accessible.

It seems that there is no straight forward method doing so, although i found some tricks to make it happen.
Thank you anyway guys.

Hello can you tell us about the tricks you mentioned, thanks.

hi dears
i have made a popup page in citect v7.1 but in my project,pages are not fix and turn to another page every 15 second, when a popup page be open in a special page,in another page has became disappear,i want when a popup page opened in a page,it become fix such as a form until i close it,is this possible?