Wincc flexible micro 2005 help.

Alistair

Hi Guys,

I have a simple problem.
All I want to do is bring up a screen from a flag in the plc.
I have 1 main screen which is visible all the time time. I would like another screen to flash up when a flag in the plc is on.
I know this is simple but for the life of me I cant work it out. Thoroughly frustrated now!

If you mean you want a (smaller) pop-up window to appear in the foreground, leaving the main screen partly visible in the background, then you're out of luck.

Flex can only change from one screen to another. You could do this with the original WinCC (not Flexible) though.

Thanks for replying.

No, all I want to do is change to another screen.
I have set up 2 screens. Screen 1 has all my buttons on and is the main screen.
I want to change to screen 2 when the PLC gets an input.

I know it's possible because we have an identical set up elsewhere on site doing it.
I've looked at the logic in the PLC on the other system and it's just an input to a coil (m bit).
In the tags you can activate screen in the events option. Could it be something to do with this?
I'm a novice as you can tell......

You have to do that from the program.

If you look under the "Communications" folder in the sub-directory "Connections" (I'm not sure exactly what it's called in English, but it's the second level down) there, under "Area Pointers" you can define the DB where your program can pass over the screen number to jump to.