Wonderware Robotic arm animation

SLC500

I am trying to recreate a graphic for a robotic arm and I am not having any luck.

I would like to be able to have the graphic move together as one but be able to move each section of the arms independatly.

I have seen it done using Factorytalk a few years back and I am trying to do the same in wonderware.

The problem I am having is being able to link the end of one moving arm to the next section(s). I have tried making them symbols and cells but the second section will not move with the first arm and still rotate indipendantly from the first.

Thank you for any input.

Pffieuw

Pffieuw,

Are you doing this in the Archestra IDE ?

I am trying to recreate a graphic for a robotic arm and I am not having any luck.

I would like to be able to have the graphic move together as one but be able to move each section of the arms independatly.

I have seen it done using Factorytalk a few years back and I am trying to do the same in wonderware.

The problem I am having is being able to link the end of one moving arm to the next section(s). I have tried making them symbols and cells but the second section will not move with the first arm and still rotate indipendantly from the first.

Thank you for any input.

off the top of my head:
Think of creating a long rectangle (to represent an arm), then at one end attach a circle (to represent the joint, like an elbow), then make a symbol/cell out of them. Use a script to rotate the circle. When the circle turns, the "arm" will move up and down.