Plz,could I have an example for user PID use RSlogix5

vungtauso.com

I have an excercise as follows :
+ Level control using PID . (

Tank 1 : 0-200 cm ,The Level sensor : output : 4-20mA
+ using PID control valve (0-100%)
Proportion valve : active pressure : 0-10bar.

Plz,could I have an example .RSP file for user PID use RSlogix5 to study
many thanks

Greetings vungtauso.com ...

and welcome to the forum ...

I've put together a quick "bare bones" PID program for you which should be helpful ... note that I took the basic program file that you sent to me by email and modified it ...

I also made some corrections to the picture file that you sent by email ... (question: why didn't you post that flow chart to the forum also? ... it would be helpful to the other members to see more of how your system is designed) ...

question: are you working on this as a "learning project" just by yourself – or do you have an instructor who has made this assignment? ... also – do you have a working PLC-5 processor that you can use to test this program? ...

I'll try to write more explanation this weekend – but right now I'm tied up getting ready to teach a class which starts on Monday ... see what you can make of the notes I've made on the pictures posted below ... if you have specific questions, post them here in this thread ...

note: please do not send your questions directly to me by email ... when I provide help that way it helps only one person ... when the same questions are asked and answered here on the forum, we have the potential of helping MANY other people who will need the same information in the future ...

I hope that this helps answer your questions ...

Huy_Cut.JPG

Attachments

• Huy_PID.zip
    46 KB · Views: 35
  • Huy_PID.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 67
and a few more pictures ... sorry, but I just don't have enough time to explain everything that I've posted ... I'll try to write more when I have a chance ...

hopefully this is a good start ...

Huy_IO.JPG Huy_IFE.JPG Huy_OFE.JPG Huy_PID.jpg

Last edited:
Thank to teacher Ron so much,it's make me easy to understand, also i'll try read more about PLC5 at "PLC5 INSTRUCTION REFERENCE MANUAL" .

I have some small question at "attach file"

And also how can i use "a Word,a bit" contains in Interger control block to display in RSview 32 ,
for ex : I want to Setpoint value of valve from 0-100%,or setpoint the value of level in a Tank,or display Lever Bar in RSview 32,Which bit or word i can used for this?

thank full to teacher Ron

page10.jpg Huy_PID page 11.jpg Huy_PID page 12.jpg

take a look at the attached picture and see if it helps you understand the "data files" that you asked about ... also read the following post about the "Block Transfer Mailman" idea ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=16077&postcount=3

true story: about 20 years ago I was trying to figure out the same things that you are working on today ... I didn't have an instructor to help me ... I spent several days trying to figure out: "WHAT does the Block Transfer WRITE? ... and ... WHERE does he WRITE it?" ... secret handshake: he does NOT write anything ... he just CARRIES the mail ...

the words WRITE and READ are used ONLY to tell us which way the mail is being carried ... it's actually the PLC PROCESSOR who WRITES or READS the mail ... the Block Transfer instructions just CARRY the mail – in one direction or the other ...

and you got the Process Variable and Control Variables for the PID instruction perfectly correct ...

finally, you didn't answer my questions:

are you working on this as a "learning project" just by yourself – or do you have an instructor who has made this assignment? ... also ...

do you have a working PLC-5 processor that you can use to test this program? ...

I'll try to answer your other questions tomorrow ...

btr_btw_desktop.JPG

ohh..your sample make me very very easy understand.
Last week, I was starting try to learn about PLC5/20, I downloaded many Documents talk about PLC5 and also have many question from you talk about this,
And then, i try to read,and read everyday,
as you know, English is a little obstruct for me, something that i read about PLC5 very easy to learn, but st really hard to understand,
There for,I think the best way pastest to understand is learning from example project + learning from documents,manual....
From example project I can easy recognize the misstake,
This example made by myself, I made this to learning from this,that is the reason why I need an example .

I do this just by myself
In here, there're not PLC5 teacher (I have not an instructor ),I have no Hardware (PLC5,it's so expensive..), no liences software... so...

thank full teacher Ron,