Setting up small profibus network

Adenitz

Hello,

I am very beginner in PLC world when it comes to networking. For student exercise I need to investigate how to set up communication between two S7 PLCs.
I have two PLC configurations, both have S7 315-2DP CPUS and few DI/Do cards.

So, both CPUS have profibus port. I have profibus cable and would like to read adresses from I0.0 to I1.7 from PLC2 and use data in PLC1.
I need some useful info about how to start here. I have searched the forum and found some interesting stuff.
I will use AG_SEND and AG_RECEIVE functions, since they are used mostly for PB communication.

My first question is how to position that termination switches on PB cable?
I will also have to set up network in HWConfig of both PLCs and to downloaded it into CPUs.

What else I need to do befor actually trying to write the program?

Thanks for your help

There are some limitations when using the onboard DP ports on 315-2DP CPUs.
In short, you cannot use AG_SEND/AG_RECEIVE.
Your only option is to setup one DP port as DP master and the other as DP slave. The data can then be transferred as i/o between the two CPUs.
Search siemens support for a sample project with DP master-slave between S7 CPUs.

The termination switch must always be ON in the connectors that are at the physical ends of the Profibus daisy-chain. All others must be OFF.

Thank you for your answer.
OK, I'll skip AD_SEND and AG_RECEIVE functions.
If I understood your answer I should make network connection in HwConfig of both PLCs, one set up as master, other as slave and to download.
Since I have two Profibus nodes connectors on both will be in ON position.

How to address and use one specific addres from other PLC?

The easiest way and possibly a good idea for showing different methods, is to put both PLC's in the same project, make one the master the other the slave in the masters hardware profile and then no send receive blocks are necessary.

They will act like normal IO.