Networking plcs

stu

Hi guys
We have been asked to look into data caption on our Prodution lines
There is talks of having all the plcs going back to an engineering server
Via Ethernet plc's are compact logix and s7 300, the data collection software might be factorytalk? I have a machine that has a mlx1200 on it which I will need data from (df1) but I think I can put in a AB1761NETENI then Ethernet to
Network , but do I need a ip address to com with mlx and network??

And then last but not least once that is working we would like to have a display in a office showing the site and the setting of each machine like a scada system, once the network is running how easy is the display what software would I need? We use a lot of AB ( rsview32)
Can anyone advice me on were to start,

Thanks guys
Stu

The NET ENI itself will need an IP address, not the ML1200.

Since you're starting with nothing, I'd suggest Ignition for your HMI/SCADA system. Not sure if they support the Siemens PLC with their OPC-UA.

Ignition is an OPC DA client, so it supports any PLC for which there is an OPC DA server. Both AB/Rockwell and Siemens have OPC DA servers.

Any SCADA with OPC support will do.
Since you are using RSView32, it would be obvious to go that way. On the other hand, RSView32 is OK for now, but is not the way Rockwell go in the long run.
In order to display SCADA information in the office may be a good idea to have a SCADA with a transparant webserver technology. Ignition may be a good bet there.

Stu I wouldn't use the ENI I like using a hmi and have it passthru from ethernet to serial. They tend to handle more data flow than the ENI. Dollar for dollar you will save money

hi guys...
sorry to post a question within a thread....
I'm trying to connect two Mitsubishi FX3G plcs via cclink...
how to check if my connection are okay???
is that the software check??? my hardware is working properly(according to manual)....

thnx for the help and replies

Thanks guys
Jeff I didn't know I could use the Ethernet on the hmi to transfer data back to a server is there any set up that I will have to do???

hi guys...
sorry to post a question within a thread....
I'm trying to connect two Mitsubishi FX3G plcs via cclink...
how to check if my connection are okay???
is that the software check??? my hardware is working properly(according to manual)....

thnx for the help and replies
vishnuk, I am guessing that you just dont know how to start a new thread.
Use the "Start a new thread" button in the main forum.
Remember to place a relevant decription in the header,

Hi
I have tried look for the plc via the panelview plus but I could not see it ?
The mirologix 1200 is connected to the pvp via df1 so I am thinking that I will need a AB1761NETENI to connect to the network am I right in thinking that .
Thanks stu

Sorry Stu I missed this reply email. I use redlion or proface HMI and pass thru is easy. It makes things great. I can modify a PID that was out n the plant floor. In just a few minutes. The other guys would have to wait for a laptop to boot up and I am on another job before they get there.