Deal battery problems for s5

xristos.gr

HI TO ALL AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH . I WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR SOME HELP HOW TO DEAL A PROBLEM WITH SIEMENS S5 BATTERY 3.6V/5Ah TYPE C Li AND THE LOST OF SOME MEMORIES ??

first the "caplock" and bold letters is used to yield at peoples in a forum so be sure to remove it next time.

To help you, we would need more information about the exact problem, is it that the battery is dead? you can't find a replacement or it doesn't work etc...

Thanks for the notice .The problem starts when the machine goes off and start again some of the production settings is missing it doesnt keep it in memory .I check the battery power which is 3.6v without goes up or down even the machine stays off for two days !!!

Hi Xristos!

We need more info:
- What type of S5 cpu?
- Are the set values stored in DBs?
- Could there be loaded default values by startup (OB20-21-22)?
- Are you sure it is the settings and not counter values etc that are reset?

Kalle

Thanks for the notice .The problem starts when the machine goes off and start again some of the production settings is missing it doesnt keep it in memory .I check the battery power which is 3.6v without goes up or down even the machine stays off for two days !!!

OK so what I understand

1. battery voltage does not change when machine is shut down for couple days.
2. YET you are losing stuff in memory

Uhh is the battery connected? It may have voltage but if PLC does NOT then there may be your problem. Look for dirty connections. IF you really want to make sure it is working put an ammeter in series with battery and check current when you shut down. May be hard with those little batteries I know - all too well.

Dont put it in backwards - believe on that.

Dan Bentler

I have done what you sugest but there is no amps.I read that RAM needs 100μA when stund alone and if is connected with another part needs 200μA.The same problem is another machine !!!!.I have thout to separate the power supply and keep alive the PLC from another line is it correct ???

There is a yellow(?) LED on the power unit indicating battery fault. It can be reset with a switch. And you should find a notation on the battery status in the USTACK.

I think the 943B has got some integrated memory, but I don't remember how much.
Does the CPU have a memory brick inserted; an orange (E)EPROM or RAM?

In case your battery is out:
If it's an EPROM there, the program and settings will load from it by power up (if i remember correctly). If it's a RAM or no module, the program will vanish after half a minute by power off.

Kalle

On power supply the battery indicator is off (no alarm) and yes there is a memory brick an orange EPROM but still the program doesnt load when power up !!!!!!!

On power supply the battery indicator is off (no alarm) and yes there is a memory brick an orange EPROM but still the program doesnt load when power up !!!!!!!

what do you mean by "the program" is your recipes data or the full ladder logic control...Because data that have been changed from the last memory stick download (Commonly changed by operator With HMI) will be overwritten by the saved program on the stick