Omron NT31 HMI connection with PC problem

kwnstantinos

I am encountering trouble in connecting my PC with the HMI NT31-ST121-EV2.

I am using NTST 4.7 software and when I am trying to connect, I receive the message: Time out error.

I checked the cable and it is correct.

I also tried with 3 more HMI of the same type.

Please can someone give me the settings for my PC serial port? Maybe i am not correct there.

Also, is there any dip switch or anything blocking the communication?

thanks in advance!

You require a full handshake cable for these.
Part number C200H-CN229-EU.

PTSCA is Programmable Terminal Status Control Area
PTSNA is Programmable Terminal Status Notification Area

Those areas (or their first word addresses) must be defined before using terminal.

You have to finf in PLC:
-5 free words to set as a PTSCA (example H20-H24)
-2 free words to set as a PTSNA (axample H25-H26)

Then, in PT configuration you set PTSCA=H20 PTSNA=H24
Setting of Window control area is not neccessary.

You can set these addresses in NTST 'PT configuration' or in System menu od NT31.

Last edited: