Citect - Drop Down Menu

ongzy

Creating Custom Menus

The Custom Menu Toolbar, located directly beneath the page title bar, allows you to create drop-down menus capable of calling a Cicode function or navigating to a specific page (i.e. to a specific plant mimic).

Q: Where is the page title bar?

Last edited:
Run Citect's CSV Example Project. It sits across the top of the screen)

I want to create a drop down menu panel in a template to be display in all pages. Not from the existing admin tool.

Looks like citect doesn't have that in-built function? It would be quite troublesome to create it on our own.

You can do it your project. I don't have Citect on my PC at the moment so I can't help. Investigate how Citect did it in their project.Whatever they have done in their project can be done in yours, you'll just have to investigate how they did it.

You can do it your project. I don't have Citect on my PC at the moment so I can't help. Investigate how Citect did it in their project.Whatever they have done in their project can be done in yours, you'll just have to investigate how they did it.

Ya thanks. I wanted to but couldn't find them doing it using Citect function. Perhaps it's another language used to build their software so that they run that drop down menu in runtime which can only be run at "admin tool" page.

I'm planning to do it the conventional but troublesome way unless a better idea strike my mind. Drop down bar will be pop-up page, a very stupid idea it sounds as I have to align each and every panel, and it won't fit to other resolution.

How can we create a drop menu with in the genie window AND select the TAG name from the drop menu so we don't have to type the Tag name.

You can do it on a form using (I think formaddlist or similar) search Citect's on line help. I don't know if it can be done on a graphic (i assume that your genie would call a graphic) Maybe someone else (who has more knowledge of Citect) will chime in...

You can do it on a form using (I think formaddlist or similar) search Citect's on line help. I don't know if it can be done on a graphic (i assume that your genie would call a graphic) Maybe someone else (who has more knowledge of Citect) will chime in...

It's using Cicode programming I guess. Am in a tight schedule, don't think I have ample time to explore it at the mean time. Will kiv for future use, thanks alot.