Profibus communication failure in S7 PLC

arocon

One remote DP interface (IM 151-1) module of S7 PLC system going to stop suddenly. It is the farthest end.That module is supplied by a power supply which supply other remote DP interface modules. Whenever fail happen we turn off and on power supply of that interface module and it work fine. We measure power supply in failure module and found 23.6 Volt instead of 24 V. Could anyone explain me what could be reason for the failure of the interface module ? Or what need be checked.

Thanks.

Either its what Jesper said or it might be the cable (without further diagnostics you cant know).
Check the profibus connections

Similar Topics

Dear All, I have a KUKA Palletizer machines having Iconics Genesis SCADA installed on its PC. It remained closed for about 7 to 8 years. We are...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I am looking to establish a communication between one Profibus master and one Profibus slave. I downloaded the Profibus Master...
Replies
Views
We have older Festo electrical servodrives : CMMP-AS-C5-11A-P3 and CMMS-AS-C4-3A with profibus interface cards for control by a Siemens plc. The...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone! I am looking for a solution for making successful Profibus Communication between ABB 800XA & HOneywell HC90. I had gone through...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have problems with the Porfibus communication to my regulator Siemens Sipart DR 21and my PLC rockwell 1756-L161. So, for the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom