Need help in choosing a right PLC

nvramana406

hello,
i need a PLC for below requirement..
i have 60 blowers mounted in a rack. for my requirement the blowers should be switched to ON/OFF for every 30.4 min. the supply voltage for the blowers is 12V DC. so please suggest the right PLC for this requirement..

1 timer. 1 power supply. 1 relay that can handle 60 blowers. No PLC.

That takes all the fun out of it.
I was thinking a ContolLogix with 4 slot chassis, ENBT (just for programming) ,ControlNet card to a 1788 cnet to dnet bridge to compact I/O. Multiple banks of course.

One point I/O adapter for each blower? That might work. Then one 4 input module (OL, Aux contact, Hand/Off/Auto) and one output module (Coil, Pilot light) plus a contactor with a motor circuit protector?
Might need two ControlNet bridges though, or a CN2 for all of the I/O connections.

Might need to add in <s>FTView SE</s> WonderWare too for monitoring.

Goodness, a strikethrough tag would be so handy sometimes.

We would need Protocol troubleshooting tools. How else would be be able to troubleshoot the node loss? Is is on the Cnet side or Dnet? Possible physical media issues from non-conforming cable connections?

Good catch we have to have some kind of historian does it need to have redundant servers with failsafe switchover?

nvramana406 we are just playing around. You could do this easily with a small PLC and HMI. What software do you have. What hardware have you worked with.

You could use the plc D0-06DR-D by Automation direct. They will operate on 12VDC. Get 2(two) units with a couple of 8 point relay output option modules for each one. Connect them together in a Master/Slave network. You can add a small display D0-06LCD unit also.

I would like to monitor the status of each blower working condition continuously or at regular interval of 2 mins.
Do you want to monitor current draw on each blower? That requires 60 Analog inputs, and 60 current sensors with 4-20mA preferred.
You also need a large touchscreen to display all 60, or 2 pages with 30 each, and make screen alternate ever few seconds.

Weintek HMI, Automation Direct DL260.