Detecting Step7 DB number in FBD

cmulder

Hi all,

I am programming with Step 7, v 5.2, servicepack 1. I have created an FB, with (amongst others) a BLOCK_DB for an input. Within the created FB I want to detect the actual number of the DB.

I know that when using SCL one can just call the function BLOCK_DB_TO_WORD. However, when programming in FBD this function is not available (or at least, I can not find it).

How can I easily detect the number of a BLOCK_DB when programming in FBD?

Thanks in advance,
Caspar

In dont think there is any way to program this in FBD but you can insert a STL network and use the instruction "L DBNO". This instruction loads the current db number in accu 1. Or if you dont want to use stl in your code hide the instruction in your own FC with the number as an INT outvariable.

Yep, you are correct. So, I made you a FBD block. Just insert it anywhere, as many times as you want and it will return the DB that is currently OPEN