Unitronics V570

wjsfrank

I am trying to down load a program direct from a laptop to the above PLC and I keep getting the error 210 which pertains to TCP connection, not a direct connection. The weird thing about this is that I down loaded one program and when I tried to down load another the PLC won't connect. Any ideas out there?

The first thing that I would check would be that the TCP/IP settings all match. First, open your program in Visilogic and click on the Project-TCP/IP Project Settings menu item. This will open the TCP/IP Project Settings dialog box which will show you the IP Address, Protocol, Port # and PLC Name. Write down the IP Address and PLC Name.

Next, select the Connection-Communications & OS menu choice. This will display the Communications & OS dialog box. Make sure that the Selection Type is TCP/IP (Call) and that the Project Settings radio button is selected and that the PLC Name that you wrote down matches the PLC Name in the text box next to the Project Settings item.

Finally, go to the ladder logic where you defined the TCP/IP settings and click on the TCP/IP Card Init instruction and make sure that the IP Address matches the one that you wrote down. Then, click on the Set PLC Name instruction and make sure that the PLC name matches the one that you wrote down.

If all of those things check out, I would try reloading the program serially and then reconnecting with Ethernet. Also, you can contact Unitronics Support via email at [email protected]. They have always been prompt and helpful for me.

Regards

KP_EENG Give all great suggestions.

Are you actually trying to download over ethernet, or serially?

What version of visilogic are you using?

If you enter info mode, you can view all the current operting settings the PLC is running with. Even the PLC name.

Tried posting this once and lost it. Take Two.

Version 9.0.1 Build 0

Firmware 003.003.03 December 7, 2011

I'm using the serial cable (it worked fine the first time then errored out after that.

Serial settings are:

Com 1 Com 2
Protocol PCOM PCOM
RS Type RS232 RS232
Parameters 57600,8,n,1 115200,8,n,1
Silence 9984 us 9984 us
Tx 0 0
Rx 0 0

Hope some of this helps!

No, I'm using the programming cable that came with the unit.

What I mean is, does your PC have a "real" serial port, or are you using a USB to RS232 converter. You would be using the programming cable that came with the unit either way.

For instance, I use the cable that comes with the unitronics, but my PC doesn't have a comm port. So I use a keyspan adapter.

Ok, the nest step is

Go to Connection>Communication> select the left most tab and click on get OPLC information.

If it comes back fine, you know you are communicating properly.

The next step after that is to download the OS again. V9.0.1 just came out very recently, so unless you have updated the OS within the past few weeks it will not jive well with 9.0.1.

Click on the fourth tab (what I think is supposed to look like an eye.
Click Check, then click download.

Once you have the new OS loaded, go back and try downloading the program again.

Good luck

I forgot to mention. While your in the Communication window make sure your connection type selected as serial, your comm set to Comm1, and the baud set at 115200.