Recommend me a HMI and programming Package

Hi Gents,

I'm looking for a replacement for Rockwell Panelview Plus and FactoryTalk ME.

I would like the HMI to be very robust as they tend to take an awful lot of abuse from customer. It must be 10" touch and perferably no text etc written on it. Ethernet Interface required with drivers to Micrologix 1100 and 1400.

Regarding programming here is my requirements:

Very basic interface so I would like software & licensing to be reasonably priced I'll be buying in batches of about 20.

-Language Switching
-Simple animation of objects, colours, texts etc.
-Alarm Logging
-Indirect addressing, instantiation via parameter files, scripting or the likes.

Anyone with any advice or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

The G310 does have a Red Lion logo, but they will work with you to put your customer's logo in its place. The software, Crimson 3.0 is very powerful, and very solid. The hardware is lightning quick. Even loading the firmware, full image from CF card you are controlling your machine in 30 seconds or so after applying power. Today, I was converting a PB32 app to Crimson for a G310, and in the office with a USB cable, the updates were done before I could swivel around and start testing them (about 2 seconds with incremental updates).

Very few problems with the software unlike the competition. I started a thread about bugs, and could only come up with about four of them, and there were workarounds for all of them.

The only thing I have not tried to do with a G3 which is easy with a PV+, is rotation animation...

I am still new with them having only deployed four in the past 1-1/2 years, but they are outstanding products at great prices with excellent support.

+1 for Red Lion HMI

+1 for the Red Lion.

The true power of these devices is the scripting. Virtually anything can be accomplished, within the limit of the hardware of course. I'm still using v2 of Crimson, which has been continually updated over the years and is rock solid by now.

Wow a lot of people suggestion Red Lion. Never even heard of them to be honest.

Is there a working demo development I can download to try out?

How does there pricing compare to AB?

On another note, what are they PLCs like? Do they offer something like the Micrologix 1400?

How many PLCs are you talking directly to? I'd be hesitant of having 20 devices directly polling a single Micrologix. The issue depends on your setup and requirements, of course.

http://www.industrialimage.net/
http://www.hismonitors.com/

Only one HMI talking to each PLC, standalone machines.

You can still use your Ethernet Micro 1100/1400s in either case. It would be a good idea for you to set up a proof of concept before x 20.

For the touch screen PC, check out the free "Panel" edition of Ignition from Inductive Automation. You can download the software and try it on any computer.

For Red Lion, it's an embedded "panelview" style device that is being recommended. I'd contact your local distributer to try one. There are also Red Lion folks that regularly monitor this forum...just do a quick search.

Had a look and looks quite impressive. Only problem is the 10" touch screens appear to have keypad buttons. Do you know if they have any others?