Help me with number format (S7)

Labotomi

I'm trying to get information from a GE Multilin into and S7-300. I'm not too familiar with Siemens and need help with the number format that I'm getting from the Multilin.

16 bit unsigned: INT
16 bit 2 decimal places: ?
2s compliment signed: ?

I'm just looking at what format I need in the S7 so that I have useful values to work with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A 16-bit unsigned integer should be interpreted as a value between zero and 65,535. The MSB of the word is interpreted as 2 raised to the fifteenth power (32,768).

A 16-bit signed (2s complement) integer should be interpreted as a number between -32768 and +32767. The MSB of the word is interpreted as the sign. This is the standard method of encoding negative integers.

16-bit, 2 decimal places means interpret the value as an integer, but assume a decimal point between the second and third digit. Tbus the integer value 314 should be interpreted to mean 3.14.

So the twos compliment binary number address would be of type INT.

What type would the 16 bit unsigned values and the 16 bit with 2 decimal places?

I guess I'll need to do some math to get the decimal places in there unless there's a conversion somewhere.