Giddings and Lewis Pic900 Comms

muusic_man

So I get a G&L CPU back from a repair depot. It is a 9043 with comms (M.1016.9679R7). I cannot communicate with it via serial. The tried and true method I know is to turn the cpu off, put the keyswitch in stop, hook up serial cable between cpu and laptop, and turn the power on. I tried this with a known good cpu, but I have never had to deal with one right out of the box. Am I missing something? Is there a "trick" I need to know? Or did the repair depot not do a very good job? Anyone have any advice?

Similar Topics

Hi, I have an old Giddings & Lewis Pic900 Turbo PLC system with a serial card connected to a GE (cincinnati electronics) (Greyline) 3415 using...
Replies
Views
First I'd like to say this was a working system before anything was done. The processor failed. I replaced it with an exact kind. I have a PIC...
Replies
Views
I am trying to test a Giddings & Lewis analog (8) input card. I am using PicPro for Windows Professional Edition software with a PiC90 CSM/CPU...
Replies
Views
Hello again guys Im just wondering if there is anyone here with any knowledge of G and L systems, we have a couple of machines that use this...
Replies
Views
All, We are having troubles with a G&L PLC. The PRC40 is no illuminated. Does this store values? In the PicPro software it looks like we are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom