Communication PLC-->Flexible panel-->PC

bara_hence

Ok

I have several PLCs and to each PLC one MP270 panel.

The PLCs are Siemens S5 and S7 types.

What i need to do is to communicate from the PLCs to the Panel and from/to the panel from the PC. The communicated values from the PC should also be communicated to the PLC.

The communication must be determenistic so that i can send a trigger signal from the PLC to the PC that controls a Vision camera.

The soulutions i have looked on are:

1. Have a shared folder in the PC where the Panel reads/writes to.
Then have the PC application scan for change..

2. Install a flexible runtime in the PC and use the Flexible OPC to communicate the data. (Is this data accessible from a C# application?)
Does this affect the CPU and memory load to much then it cant be used as the vision camera operates from here.

So what do you experts say? Should I go with number 1 or 2 or do you have a better suggestion?