Protool communication.

kevbloke

Im trying to download to a MP207B with a field PG without much success.
I keep getting the message that i need to check my cables or settings.

What is the easiest way to connect and download? ethernet cable or other. I am very new to Protool. I managed to modify the screen in no time but cant connect to download. Frustration is setting in.

Any tips please.

The eisiest way is MPI or Profibus but only if it's set to transfer by MPI / Profibus. Reboot the panel and go iin to the control panel and check the transfer settings, then put the panel in "Transfer Mode".

Nick

Serial

Do you have a RS232 serial cable and a serial port ?
If you do not have a serial port (old 9 pins port), then you can use an usb to serial converter, this works, just make sure you use COM1 or COM2 for the converter in the device manager.

For MPI/PROFIBUS you must set adresses on PC side and panel side + set the PG/PC interface + set the transfer settings...

Serial is easier if you download the first time I think.

MANUAL: http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/internet-dms/ia/AutomationComm/Automation/Docs/mp270_e.pdf

Im trying to download to a MP207B with a field PG without much success.
I keep getting the message that i need to check my cables or settings.

What is the easiest way to connect and download? ethernet cable or other. I am very new to Protool. I managed to modify the screen in no time but cant connect to download. Frustration is setting in.

Any tips please.

Make sur you are connected to the right port on the MP270. I cannot remember exactly but several Siemens panels have two identical looking ports. I think the one you want may be labeled "config".