micrologix L16BWA fuse?

p_logix

Hello,

I have a few micrologix plc's that have no 24 volt DC out for my input section. The PLC will power up when AC power is applied. I opened up the micro and what apperars to be the power supply is on the bottom board. anyone now what typically burns out or blows on theses power supplies?

This is probably not the answer you are looking for. If the plc is working normally other than that, just get an external 24VDC supply for the inputs. It's not really a good idea anyway to use the internal supply because of the low capacity rating. Quote from their spec sheet:

24V DC Sensor Power 200 mA max. with 200 mF capacitive load max.
(for 1761-L10BWA, -L16NWA, -L16BWA, -L20BWA-5A, and -L32BWA only)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. These are actually just for trainning stations. They use Allen bradley simulator switches.

I was just wondering if someone actually successfully repaired one of these. I searched the net and found a few blogs where someone had what appeared to be a diode that burn out and they successfully replaced.

I thought of the external source but adding a powersupply to the trainning station and the cost of one of these processors Is something I will look at.

Thanks