Where's my system tags, then?

DairyBoy

Another stupid RS5000 question: I've given myself a headache looking through the "help" files in RS5000, but for the life of me I can't find the equivalents to RS500's S:1/15 & S:4/...RTC bits. Can anyone give me a clue, please? Thanks. :unsure:

try S:FS for the S:1/15 bit ...

there really is no S:4 equivalent ... most people create a "free running timer" using its own Done bit as an XIO to automatically reset the timer ... then use a suitable bit from the ACCumulator much as you once used the S:4 bits ...

for example: My_S4_Timer.ACC.10 might be useful as a "flashing bit" ...

for most of the other "status type" stuff that you'll be looking for later, read up on the GSV instruction ...

the secret handshake is that you have to use a GSV to Get System Values from the processor's brain - and then store those values into suitable memory locations ("tags") that you yourself create ... once that's done, the data will have valid "addresses" and the information can then be used in your program ...

Last edited:
the post linked below might come in handy when you first start reading up on the following GSV terms:

Class
Instance
Attribute

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=337631&postcount=4

turns out that they're basically just "blanks" that you may (or may not) have to fill in to get the GSV to work ... secret handshake: don't worry about the differences between the three terms ... just click and select whatever you need from the "pull down" menus available for each ...