cables and back up files

zoe

I have had 3 classes on slc500 but need to know what is the easiest cable to communicate is it 1747 pic? Next once I get communication how do I find my back up files? Thanks

Last edited:
and does your programming computer have a REAL serial/com port on it - or are you going to need to use a USB-to-serial adapter? ...

also - what version of Windows software will you be using? ...

It is slc500 with 504 processor, yes it does have a serial port so would the pcmia cable work better? Thanks

It is slc500 with 504 processor, yes it does have a serial port so would the pcmia cable work better? Thanks

The easiest way to communicate with your SLC5/04 is thru it's serial port. Use a null-modem cable. Using the DF1 driver in RSLinx if the serial port is configured for DF1 protocol.

You can use the 1784-PCMK card to connect to the processors DH+ port. Is that what you have?

Do you know how the serial port on your SLC5/04 is set-up?