Modbus RTU CRC byte swap

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone ever run into an instance where the CRC word needed to be byte swapped? I know there has been confusion in the past because of some sample documentation published by modbus and how the algorithm effectively byte swaps the CRC transparently, but are there instances where a major device vendor has broken from the standard format and chose to reverse the bytes of the CRC? I have only know this to be true with the data segments.

Data word swaps for floating point format are common, but I have to admit that I've never heard of CRC byte swaps.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I'm currently working on a project with some fuji drives (frenic mini) and a micro850. Communication is through Modbus RTU. I don't...
Replies
Views
Dear All, i am trying to connect Danfoss inverter with s7 200 cpu 226.but microwin shows following error at DATA Ptr.i assigned different VB...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having an issue with a mircologix not transmitting out. The current setup is a mircologix 1400 connected to a Guardian 100 Radio...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom