SEW drive PD data exchange

cizzy

Hello,

I have SEW Eurodrive drives MDX61 with encoder attached and my application requires 4 PD words exchange between drive and PLC.

I need:
1. Status PI1
2. Position HI PI2
3. Position LO PI3
4. Torque PI4

Do I have to use IPOS compiler to program drive to send PI4 ?
PI1-PI3 is ok to set via parameters but how to set drive to send torque on PI4.

I had excellent support from Sweden SEW office where drives are bought,they sent me manuals that are downloadable from their site.

What type of communication method are you using... i want to work on a similar project using modbus(rs485) to recieve and transmit between sew movidrve MDX60A and AB micrologix 1500.. And hopefully interface this to a HMI...Where can i get informative application data... Thanks

I think that application data may be somewhat "hidden" in order to make SEW support profitable.
I was using profinet and for setting comms its necessary to
do a little bit of C or SEW embedded system assembler programming. PM me for specific details.

Hello,

Did you manage to read the torque from the Movidrive?
I'm facing the same problem, and I can't even find the torque data in Movitools...
Thanks
Boti

Hello back,

I remember it was rather easy to read the torque (or the current) with movitools studio and send it via telegram to PLC.

Check drive's actual parameters list in manuals - should be actual torque or current somewhere..

My problem was 4 instead of 3 words telegram..

Hello Cizzy
I think torque is Active current (P005).
What you are trying can be achieved easily. I usually use IPOS assembler.
I can send you a sample code tomorrow when I go back to work.
What sort of application it is? Rotational or Linear? Are you sending the target position in increments or mm/deg?

Stephen
I did use once RS485 to communicate to a SEW movidrive between a SLC500.
I had to use Message send/recieve commands on SLC. All the commands had to convert to ASCII. I still have that program If you are interested.I am not sure whether Micrologix has all the functionality to do that.