Crimson 3.0 Web server

Bushwacker

I have a customer that wants to log into the HMI and copy a .csv file that has recipes in it. The .csv file is stored on the CompactFlash card. Is there a way to do that? I know I can allow them to view it but the want to load it to their desk top, modify and add recipes then save it back to the CompactFlash card. Thanks

I have a customer that wants to log into the HMI and copy a .csv file that has recipes in it. The .csv file is stored on the CompactFlash card. Is there a way to do that? I know I can allow them to view it but the want to load it to their desk top, modify and add recipes then save it back to the CompactFlash card. Thanks

How about enabling the ftp server?

If you store the file in the LOGS folder, it should be viewable and saveable through the web browser. AFAIK, all you have to do is enable the web server and enable data log access.

That almost worked. I can see the LOGS directory from the Web Server but I can not see my Recipes.csv file that is in the directory. I thought all logs files where saved as .csv files.

Hmmm. Did you hit refresh in the browser?

I had an inline scale for cases of product that I originally did custom logging making my own files and I thought I recalled figuring out a way to access them over ethernet with the browser.

But right after I started that project, I was shown how to use the event based built in logging to do what I wanted (record every case weight, time, barcode, and sort lane#). So, I stopped using custom files, and now I am wondering whether or not I ever did get that to work.

Also did you enable the ftp server as JHarbin suggested?

I am off work without access to all my notes, but I may be able to dig up more info Monday, or perhaps one of the Red Lion folks can clarify this.

Last edited:
Assuming the Red Lion ftp server is enabled for read/write access, what are you using for an ftp client to talk to the Red Lion?

If you use a browser like Internet Explorer or firefox they now have rules built in to limit ftp access: they certainly have driven me nuts trying to access the Red Lion. So I just use a free ftp client like WinSCP (protocol set to ftp) to avoid the browser restrictions - and everything just works.

Yes I can use the FTP server and see the my .csv file but it would be more convenient to my customer to use the web server. I still do not understand why I can see my .csv file in the LOGS fold with the FTP client but can not see it using the web Server with data logging enabled.

You will need to create a data log and place your file in that folder such as the following. //Logs/log1

Thanks
Jeremy