Allen Bradley TCP Port Functionality

bradal

Hey guys,

We have a standard "OEM" setup in our systems with a 1769-L32E and a panelview 400. When we have issues we need to troubleshoot or changes we need to make it is simply a matter of forwarding port 44818 from the WAN to the PLC IP address. My question is how would I be able to make the HMI and the PLC available on the WAN. For example, the client wants to change some fundamental functionality of the system which requires a new HMI screen to be added into the Panelview. I know I could direct say port 40000 to 44818 at the HMI and port 44818 to 44818 at the PLC but from my understanding the software is expecting to communicate to both on port 44818.

Any help?

Similar Topics

We have a Powerflex 753 drive on a 192.168.1.X network that I can communicate with a Controllogix L71 with no issues on same network...
Replies
Views
I have the Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC on a working installation. I want to exchange data to DCS (master system) via Modbus TCP protocol, but...
Replies
Views
Hi my friends, I am trying to connect and OMNI 6000 flow computer to the Allen-Bradley PLC via prosoft card. I can read the OMNI input registers...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am fairly new to PLC programming and really only know how to use the basic functions of RSlogix 5000. I have a new project I will...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Good day! I just visited a plant wherein a Ship Unloader control is required to be rehabilitated. Existing PLC is Mitsubishi A Series...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom