RS5000 question

trsptfire

When I save my program I receive the following message:

Warning: Associated RSNetWorx file name of device conflicts with associated file name of device at same node and slot in EtherNet/IP project file.

Any ideas. Thanks

It's mostly harmless.

Something is different between the module names in your RSLogix 5000 project file and those stored in a linked RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP file.

Go to the RSNetworx tab for your root EtherNet/IP module and re-associate or delete the link to a *.ENT configuration file.

Because RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP isn't necessary for 99% of the work I do, I don't link my EtherNet/IP modules to an RSNetworx project file, like I do with RSNetworx for ControlNet.

Yeah, I've also wondered what RNetworx for Ethernet WAS used for. I've nevered had a reason to use it.