SIEMENS: Simocode PRO C + Step-7

Indiaum

Hi guys

First, sorry about my english and thank you for your attention.

My situation is pretty complicated because i am pretty new to this world, so forgive me if what i`m about to say is nonsense. I have little knowledge of simocode and step-7. I`m trying to figure out how to read and write data to a Simocode PRO C, but i`m kind lost.

I have a SIMATIC Field PG M3, a rack with a CPU 414-3 PN/DP and 3 CP 443-5 EXT (Profibus modules). Field PG connectd via Ethernet to the CPU and Simocode via Profibus in the first CP 443-5Ext. I can see information about my Simocode via PDM.

Simocode is only energized nothing else is connected to it. I just want to read the INPUTS. I'll use its on power supply to send a signal to its inputs.

is it possible? i tried to read data records but i don`t even know wich one give me that information, also tried SFC59 but nothing changes when i connect the 24VDC to its inputs.

Simocode manual suggests SFB53 and SFB52 to wirte and read from data records. But since i`m lost in all of this data records i don't know which one i should use for a simple test.

I know i should look for a trainning course and contact Siemens support, but its impossible right now.

My co-workers are used to Rockwell so everybody is lost.

I`m 14 hours / day trying to do this but since i am a newbie, no sucess.

Any help are welcome, thank you very much for your attention and sorry about my english.

Hi!

Some questions:

1: Is the Simocode communicating with the PLC (DPmaster)?
2: Can you read any inputs by monitoring the bytes from HWmanager? I think that at least OFF or ON2 and READY should be 1.

3: You want to read the physical inputs on the unit?
If so, the default bus signal exchange will have to be reconnected in your HW manager. You can open the parameter view by pointing on the Simocode and .... hmm ... was it rightclic?
You shold get a horse load of parameter settings, look for BUS or similar (I don't remember exactly). I think you can browse to select the inputs you want.

You can find more info here: www.siemens.com/simocode

Kalle

Q1: Yes.

Q2: No, i can only read 4200 in HEX from the first PIW of the simocode in HW Config, when i jump IN9 (24v) and IN1 of the simocode nothing changes.

Q3: Yes. I`m using the GSD Simocode PRO C (PDM) so i don`t have this parameters in Parameter Assignments. I'll look for it in PDM.

Thank you very much. =D

Ad Q2: What you see is predefined status bits from the Simocode, and not the physical inputs.

The Simocode has a lot of built-in functions and different operating modes, so I guess it will give you a couple of days with the nose in the manual. đź“š

Kalle