RSLogix to PDF

adgipson

I need a little help getting a print-out of some RSLogix programs. I have three RSLogix programs in the attached zip file that I need to get converted to pdf's if possible. Thanks for any help.

I need a little help getting a print-out of some RSLogix programs. I have three RSLogix programs in the attached zip file that I need to get converted to pdf's if possible. Thanks for any help.

Are you just looking for the differences between the main file and the BAK files?

The file named ...BAK017 is the same as the main file (logically, there are data table differences), but the one named ...BAK016 has an extra ladder file and quite a few differences shown using the RSLogix500 compare utility.

I also recommend downloading a pdf printer driver so you can create your own pdf files.

If you cannot do that (some folks are stuck with IT restrictions that prevent them doing things like downloading shareware) let us know. If you need us to do the pdf conversion, please let us know what you want included in the report.

I actually did I poor job of telling you want I need. I don't have RSLogix to even open these files. This logic was provided to help understand the logic of any existing system (SLC503) that is being 'somewhat replicated' on another system. I don't have access to any RSLogix software in my current position and was wanting someone to open the file and print to a pdf so that we could get a better feel of the logic in the existing system.

Welcome to the forum. It appears that you would like to learn about the RSLogix software, based on your second post. Go to the link below. The software is basicly a limited version of the RSLogix500. Download the free RSLogix Micro Starter Lite Software, RSLinx Lite, and RSLogix Emulate 500. It's all free and will give you a way to test the programming you develop.
Link:
http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

The free version of RSLogix is a great tool to learn the software but it only works for a few specific low end units. Because you have a higher-end controller you would not be able to open your project with this software.

Just FYI,

OG