1756-EN2T Error

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Following error scrolling across status LEDs

Assert in File AppexConsumer.cpp Line 154

1756-EN2T V3.6.4 , running with V17 Clgx 1756-L61

Check AB support site, and states update to firmware V2.X will resolve. My card is V3.6.

Now the weekend, my tech connect contract is Mon-Fri, not bad for $10K !

Anyone know cause of the error. Cycling power to card resolved.

There is a newer firmware rev. Version 4.3 is out. Worth trying. Worth trying that.

The notes I have seen hint at possible issues with produce and consume tags. In that chassis, are there any I/O modules that are being read by more than one controller? If so, do the different controllers use different RPI settings for the same module? Same with produce and consume tags.

OG

There is a newer firmware rev. Version 4.3 is out. Worth trying. Worth trying that.

The notes I have seen hint at possible issues with produce and consume tags. In that chassis, are there any I/O modules that are being read by more than one controller? If so, do the different controllers use different RPI settings for the same module? Same with produce and consume tags.

OG

OG,
yes, this rack has two L61 cpus . Any produced/consumed tags i am doing across the backplane. I also have two other ENBTs on this rack, one for HMIs/Programming and the other ENBT for a dedicated connection to another rack's ENBT via a crossover cable.

The inital goal was to dedicate the EN2T for SCADA. but with almost 20 PV1000+ HMIs and 3 programmers connecting , we were hitting the 128 connection limit on the HMI/Program ENBT. We use the EN2T , which only had 4 connections open, as a programmming connection 2 days ago when this error occurred.

The "assert" message is supposedly indicating a backplane error. It may just be that the EN2T is making that error visible.

If you open a module property window and click on the Backplane tab, does that window show backplane errors? It doesn't matter what module you select to view.

OG

The "assert" message is supposedly indicating a backplane error. It may just be that the EN2T is making that error visible.

If you open a module property window and click on the Backplane tab, does that window show backplane errors? It doesn't matter what module you select to view.

OG

Frfom the card tonight, via VPN

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 02 19.34.gif ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 02 19.35.gif

I wonder about something.

We have an issue after replacing an ENBT with an EN2T.
My rack has:
Slot 0 : CN2
1 : CNB
2 : DHRIO
3 : DHRIO
4 : ENBT (Level 4 LAN)
5 : EN2T (Level 2 LAN)
6 : ENBT (Direct Connect to Server)
7 : ENBT (Direct Connect to Server)
8 : ENBT (Direct Connect to Server)
9 : OB16D

We changed Slot 5 from an ENBT to EN2T due to # connections.
Now we have connectivity issues between select PLC5/xxE processors and the ControlLogix.

Wonder if it has something to do with mixing ENBT modules and EN2T modules in the same chassis. Curious because we are not using produced/consumed. We are only using the modules for messaging.