Embedding AI into PLC

kennethkoo

Good Morning guys,

It's my first post in the forum but definitely not my last. :ROFLMAO: I am using a Panasonic FPX C30T PLC for my project and there are a few things I would like to inquire.

For my project, I am required to integrate artificial intelligence technique into a liquid dispensing system. The algorithm i am working on is the artificial immune system algorithm that involves random number generation, function and variable manipulation and data manipulation.

From what I know, using MATLAB and VB would be the easier way to integrate the said algorithm into the system. Using MATLAB or VB to run the algorithm and then send commands to the PLC via serial communication.

The thing is, i am wondering if the FPX C30T is capable of doing all that in the PLC itself? I have gone through the programming manual and from what i see, data manipulation is not a problem but i am scratching my head trying to think of a way to bring in functions with variables into the PLC.

I would like to know if it is possible in any way. If not, i guess i just have to stick back to the more common method. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks