Stopping VFD with prox

robertl932

Hello.

I have the following program using Micro 1000 to control a VFD (PF4).

My question is how can I use the Bin_Ret prox switch input (I:0/7) to stop the drive, instead of just sending back into forward. Then operator can push start PB again to restart cycle.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the program yet, but in most VFD applications there are several VFD inputs available, usually programmable. The functions include run forward, run reverse, controlled stop, and "emergency" stop. If you look at the drive manual you should be able to identify the available inputs, program them accordingly, and use outputs of the PLC hardwired for control. If you have a comm link to the drive you can usually accomplish all of these functions that way as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, if you see the program, you can see how I programmed the drive with the inputs I had.
I did some testing on it, and noticed I missed something.
What I ended up doing was put that prox as an XIO before all the scaled limits for VFD speed, and the rest of the MOV's work now, and the drive can be started and stopped (with different speeds) based on what the prox is seeing.

I'll post the updated program so you can see (into the original message).

Thanks again for the prompt reply.