RS Logix 500 password message

Ned_Flanders

Allen Bradley is not my thing but we have one slc machine and the "Lite" software to get us out of trouble (Or so I thought).

I want to alter a timer value but when I click "Go online" the software tells me there are no matching files. I select the backup (Sent to me by the manufacturer and NOT password protected)but what happens is that the program uploads, it tells me it is password protected from user access.

What am I doing wrong?

Get the exact fault message. There are several different messages
In the window where the ladder should be it says "This program has been protected for user access"

When I hit "Go online" it "finds no matching files"

I selected my files to merge but I get the same message.

If I open "Controller" it will let me put a new password and master password in, and does not have a box to enter the current password.

Either I am doing something wrong or somebody has protected the program!

if you get with your local distributor, you can get the program unlocked. you will have to go through some red tape,
but since you have the program from the vendor, there shouldn't be any problems.

regards,
james