transfer of AB software with factory talk

robw53

whats the best way to swap software from one pc to another, i have 5k and 500 using factory talk activation, is there a walk through how to perform this?

rob

Rob,

The first thing to do is to download the Factory Talk Activation Manager from the rockwell site.

You can then Re-Host which activations you want to move. This means that the activations which are 'locked' to a device are released so that you can 'lock' them to another different device or hard drive.

I haven't done it for a while but I'm sure you need the serial number and the product code when you want to re-register the activations to another device.

As I say you need to download the Factory Talk Activation Manager to rehost the activation and its pretty simple to do. You then just get the activation back as if it where a new one.

Hope this helps

Mark

what if both the pc which has the activations on and the one i want to rehost it to do not have web access but i have another pc that has web access can i still do it then? because i watched a video on the rockwell site and it seams that either the pc that the activations are coming from or pc its going to has to be on the net.