slc 505 help

rstead

I have a slc 505 that appears to have the ethernet section fried. It appears to work fine and I can communicate to it via the serial channel but the ethernet channel will not respond. On this unit we simply use the ethernet channel to communicate to an HMI. I realize we could reconfigure to use the serial port for the HMI but then we would have no means to communicate with it without removing HMI comms. Anyone out there know of a low cost repair of this versus the cost AB wants to refurb it which is about 60-70% cost of new.o_O

have you checked the ethernet port settings haven't got changed inadvertantly ?

Similar Topics

Good Evening, I just received a new laptop and need some assistance. My old setup worked well. So same cables, Ethernet Switch etc. Only thing...
Replies
Views
Help!, I'm trying to create a way to move data from either of 2 slc 505's via a panelview 1000.Here is my problem: I created a read and a write...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a few SLCs in my plant and of late we've seen a weird issue: The system will be running normally and then randomly the outputs...
Replies
Views
Hello, I inherited a control system one of my predecessors thought it was a good idea to put logic for cant optimization and Kinetix motion...
Replies
Views
Probably a silly question and asked a hundred times already, but i tried to do some searching here and couldn't find this question. I have 502's...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom