ControlNet I/O

keithb

Hi

I have set up 2 controllogix 13 slot chassis as follows:

Chassis 1 contains a 1756-L55 CPU and a CNB/D module (node 1) + various I/O modules.

Chassis 2 contains a CNB/D module (node 2) in slot 0 and various I/O modules.

I have connected the 2 CNB modules in the approved manner using controlnet taps, etc. and I have scheduled the network with RSNetworx for ControlNet. The I/O is responding without error.

Now to the question. The status displays cycle through the following messages:

CNB 1 shows OK, %C22, KpAv, nC01, nU05, A#01
CNB 2 shows OK, %C27, KpIv, nC11, nU00, A#02

What do these messages mean? I cannot find anything in the CNB user manual that describes these messages.

Thanks in advance

Keith

Really simple ! . It shows the CNB Status (OK ) CNB CPU Utilization (%C22 means 22 % ) KpAv ( i guess - Active Keeper ) , nC01 ( i think - no: of connections ), nU05 ( means network Update time or NUT = 5ms ) and adress A#01.

You can see all these things if you go to Module statitics of your CNB module through RSLinx. ( Right click on CNB in RSLinx and select statistics )

These diagnostic codes were added to the 1756-CNB in Series C, and I still don't have them memorized. They are better laid out in the Module Statistics that are accessible via RSLinx. That also includes some network-wide settings and some more statistics about errors and events.

You can also read them in the Release Notes for the module:
http://www.ab.com/manuals/cl/1756-rn587e-en-p.pdf

nC ## ## indicates the total number of open connections
Max = 64

nU ## ## indicates the total number of unconnected buffer usage
Max = 20

%C ## ## indicates the module’s CPU utilization percentage
Max = 99%

Bx ## ## indicates the number of bandwidth exceeded occurrences
since the last module reset
Max = 99
Note: This counter display is disabled until the module detects