RSView 4 Restore

junior

My hard drive failed and I had to replace it and thus I have lost the RSView 4 application that's in my PVP1000. I can get the runtime file, but is there anyway to restore the application from the runtime file? I know that since FTView 5 this is possible. I now have FTView 6 installed on my new hard drive, but when I try to restore the application it says that it can't because it was created with an earlier version. Is there any workaround for this or am I SOL?

Losing the *.APA archive or the application directories was a one way ticket to the Mariner's bullpen in RSView 4.0.

(Too soon?)

There's a trick to recovering much of an RSView ME 4.0 project by running the *.MER as a Station Runtime then grabbing the resulting files from their directories. You can't get all of the project; macros, datalogs, and trends can't be recovered.

The process is described (in painful detail) in RA Knowledgebase document 8913 (TechConnect).

Losing the *.APA archive or the application directories was a one way ticket to the Mariner's bullpen in RSView 4.0.

LOL, too funny. Thanks for the info, it worked somewhat. I couldn't get any of the alarms and the parameter files, but at least all the displays were there, so that saves a lot of work.