Click plc

bmyers01

Hi All,
I have purchased a click plc and I am new to plc's. I beleive I can write a program but don't know what to use. I want to use the plc to trigger a movement on a sureservo motor. I would like to use one x input to trigger the movement (6") and hold for 5 seconds then move 6", hold for 5 seconds and continue this process for a total of 9 movements at which time I would like to trigger another output to return to home. Any help on how to write this program would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Bill

Do you already have the Sureservo and motor? Can you perform the desired movements (move 6", return to home)? Once you have that then it's just a matter of triggering the same inputs you trigger manually.

re: click plc

Hi Bernie,
I do have the sureservo/motor and I can trigger an input on the controller to make the movements. My problem is I don't what the program should look like in the click to do the triggering, sorry, this is new to me.
Thanks,
Bill

Do you have the Click wired to the servo? Can you force the outputs to cause the motion? Which Click outputs do you have connected to each of the two functions?

I have x001 as an input to trigger y001 and I can make it move one time. I will use y002 to return home. This is as much as I can figure out. I am not able to figure out how to put the timers and additional movements in using one x001 trigger.

Hi Bernie,
I ran your program and still only got one move, then had to manually retrigger, in which it did move, I did this nine times and y2 did not come on. My y1 is a momentary on trigger, if that makes any difference. My goal is to move one time, wait 5 seconds, and repeat this process nine times, without retriggering (outside the plc) and then have the plc trigger y2 for home. I really appreciate your help on this!!!!!!!
Bill

That's interesting. Y1 should have turned on for 2 seconds then off for three seconds. (This is the time that T1 is timing up from 0 toward 5) This should have repeated 9 times, each time incrementing CT1. When CT1 was done then next 5 second time should have triggered Y2 then at the end reset everything.

What actually happens within the program as it runs with one trigger of X1?

I won't have access to a Click until tomorrow. I'll also check it then. But on second look it still looks like it should work.

Last edited:

With one trigger of x1, the servo moves 6", stops and stays there, with the status monitor on, c1 on line 4 and c1 reset on line 6 are highlighted, the y1 led is lit as well. I am not sure my wiring is correct. I have c3 wired to com- on the sure sevo and y1 goes to DI4 of the sure servo. Does any of this have to go back to the power supply of the plc?

I'll have to check it Monday. Even without the servo connected Y1 should have gone on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds 9 times. Then Y2 should have gone on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds. Then C1 should have been reset.