Pepperl Fuchs encoder with Step7

Giles M

Hi All...

I am using a Siemens CP342-5 to talk to a Pepperl Fuchs encoder over Profibus DP. I can read the position and speed and write to the encoder to set the position from the HMI. The challenge at the moment is how to put the encoder into commissioning mode from the HMI and then reverse the direction setting for the encoder also from the HMI. Obviously it can be done easliy offline through the Step7 HW config screen but I need to do it in runtime. In the P+F manual they refer to octet 26 bit 2 but I cannot find out how to address that octet to change the bit etc. The encoder is setup for Class 2.2. Anyone have any experience working with these encoders and Step 7?

Cheers..

Giles

Similar Topics

I am thinking of using a few Pepperl+Fuchs EtherNet Absolute Encoders EVS58 / EVM58 on a new project , and I have a few questions. 1. Have you...
Replies
Views
Hi experts, I hope you're all having incredible days. I'd really like to utilize this sensor for a customer application, but the issue is that...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I had trouble with door switches on a machine I was working on today. What first appeared to be as a simple reed switch turned out to be...
Replies
Views
I'm an AS-i noob. We are the end users of systems. We use outside engineers to develop systems for us. We received a large upgrade to a system...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Using the kfd2 series in a panel, do I need to put +24v on terminals 14 and 15 as well as on terminal 7 to the transmitter? thanks yall
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom