Siemens PLC and GE drives

krome

I have a Siemens S7-300 CPU going to used profibus to talk to a GE drive AF-650. I was wondering if someone could help me out to understand the PPO type? Which one should i use. I want to tell the drive to turn on and off and send speed ref to the drive. as well as get if the drive is running what speed is going, voltage or current, any fault on the drive.

Thanks for your help

I poked around on the GE website. Are these really brand
Labeled from Danfoss?

Anyway, I didn't find a layout of the control word.
Can you also post the gsd file?

Yes it an AF-600 FB or a AF-650 GP there fan and pump drives. attach is the gsd file as well as the control word

Its looks simple enough. Use PPO3 for starters.
If you keep it simple and
use a couple of move commands
with a conditional 047C and a 043C to PQW264- does the drive enable?
Also with a value to PQW266 for speed reference

I THINK Im seeing the control word bit pattern correct- Im not sure
about START verses ENABLE

Anyway- try it

What happens?
What parameters in the drive "turn on" profibus communications?

13 years later and people are still using the GE 650 drives...

working on a PLC upgrade from GE to Rockwell. can someone please post the GSD file for the GE AF-650 drive? I cannot find it on the web anywhere.