setting up vac/pressure x-mitter

swaneyj

I have a foxboro transmitter that is set up now for pressure. I am changing it to a vac/ press. The range on the transmitter now is 0-60 psig. My min and max is 0-600 (hex/bcd). My new range will be -14.7 psig - 100psig. I am reading this on a HMI and not sure how to range my plc or hmi. Any help?

1794-if4i

I was afraid of that. Your card can be configured for different raw data values depending on the input to the card. Can you tell us what electrical input you are using ( 0-10v , 1-5v , 4-20ma) And also how is the card configured ( see PDF below for more on this.

If ( big if) you have a 4-20ma input and the card is configured for 0-30840 raw data. Then see sample scaled program below for how to scale your input to -14.7 to 100.

If the card is configured differently then lets us know and we can revise the program.

scaledvalue.jpg

Attachments

• inputconfig.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 6
Looks like it is scaled 0-2048 in decimal and if you look at it in BCD format it is 800. Which in turn is 80 psig range of the transmitter now. Could I do what you guy's were talking about any way?

Last edited:
Not sure if I have the time to send it right now got a hundred things going on at one time. I will try. As you can tell I pop in and check messages when I can.

As far as the BCD I just go to the Change radix to look at it.

But the way you said might work.

The card you gave us 1794-IF4I is only a 4 channel input card. The program you posted
would be for a card with at least 16 channels. Are you sure about the card's catalog number ? It makes a big difference on how it's configured.

Is rack three a flex I/O or a 1771-ASB ? It looks like the module could be a 1771-IFE/ A , B or C. Please verify this it would make a big difference in how you scale for engineering units as the raw data will be a different value.

I think we are getting closer to a solution.

Last edited: