New to RSNetworx for Controlnet

itsteve

Hi Guys,

New to this Forum too but it looks really helpfull so here goes.

I have a redundant system configured and loaded with RSLogix OK but my remote racks on controlnet are faulted or not configured yet so... I then went online with RSNetworx and everything looked OK on the diagnostics except minor processor error. I then uploaded and and downloaded with the keeper as node 1. This then changed my 1756-CN2 R/B from uncofigured to ok on the module itself in the processor rack and also the 1756-CNBR/E as OK in my remote rack. I then tried to reconfigure the chassis but every time I do this the RSNetworx software crashes. The poblem is now that back in RSLogix they are still faulted. Can anybody help please?

Are you using the LATEST versions of RSNetworx and RSLogix? (They should actually be the same "CPR" number).

Without further details, the best advice I have is uninstall everything Rockwell, search the registry and manually remove every Rockwell reference (except those dealing with the computer chipset, audio, modem, and network, that is a different Rockwell), and then reinstall ONLY the correct version of Logix and Networx and try again.

Better yet, get VMWare Player, create a Virtual machine, and install Logix and Networx (oh, and Linx) on that and give it a shot.

Make sure all the communication and processor modules have the latest firmware while you are at it.