SLC5/03 with EEPROM 1747-M11 problem Help

micgent

Hi Im after some pointers please.

Im suspecting I have a faulty EEPROM 1747-M11.

Error Description 'Indexed address outside of entire data file space (range B3:0 through the last file.) Note 5/02 processor uses an index value of zero for the faulted instruction following error recovery.'

To prove the point I wiped suspect CPU RAM, took a CPU from a similar m/c removed its EEPROM placed into suspect CPU. Then 'Load from EEPROM' loaded the RAM. Changed the Node address to prevent a network clash. Programmed with user program/menu. m/c worked without fault.

Removed donar EEPROM refitted suspect EEPROM, tried to load RAM into suspect EEPROM but faulted 'Store to EEPROM failed 0x4'. Then tried to run CPU with no EEPROM fitted, but again faulted.

So I suspect faulty EEPROM.
The Link is in Un-Protect Position.

Do I have to change a BIT to allow CPU to run without EEPROM?
Will the EEPROM 1747-M13 work in place of obsolete 1747-M11?

Your help greatly appreciated

micgent