Some Help

lpwrstlr84

So I am doing my final project for my PLC II class. I am pretty new at this. I have two different inputs and two different outputs. I want to be able to toggle them so that either one or the other is on. I'm struggling with this and would appreciate some help. I've attatched my program.

coffe maker.jpg

Welcome
I see four inputs and four outputs so not sure what you are asking...but maybe you are asking about flip flops...search the forum if so.

HTH

The two 'operator inputs' appear to be 'On/Off' (though you should name an input by the state when the input has power applied to it so probably jsut 'On' would be better) and 'Clean'. It appears that the only operation different between 'On' and 'Clean' are the indicator lights. If this is a 3 way switch (Off in the middle) then you probably don't have to worry about interlocking.

You'll need to be a little more specific about what you want. Please write out what the opeation should be for just 'On' and 'Clean', esp[ecially the differences (if there are any other than just the lights.)

The simplest way to toggle these would be with the use of timers. This would give you a time delay where you could actually see what is happening. Otherwise, using NO/NC contacts, everything would happen so fast, you will never see it.

If it supposed to work the way I think, you are missing some seal ins to keep you brew/clean light on.

and as of now I will assume you have to hold the button down to keep the light on.

also with your setup as long as one light is on the other can never come on, without turning it off, which i will again assume is not what you want.

I suggest looking up flip flop, this site is an awesome resource.

and iron_will timer suggestion is a good one so you will actually be able to see what is happening.

Last edited:
So attatched is my coffee machine program. I'm having one bit of trouble. When I want the hot plate and ready light to time out after so much time it does after the reservoir is empty. However when I want the hot plate to time out in case some one should accidentally bump it then it will not time out assuming that the prox switch on the hot plate is open. I've tried just about everything to get it to work.