5/05 Shows Active

laserjim

Hi all,
I called AB Tech support on this, but did not get a answer. I have a site runnung 4 5/05s connected with ethernet. Recently, when I try to go online, 2 of the controllers show remote run and 2 show active. They all showed remote run a few weeks ago.
I can still go online, but with the ones showing "active", I usually get knocked off line trying to accept edits. Also the 2 with active show a differnt icon and the online name now just say 1747-L552/c c11 DC 3.46. I am using RsLinx Classic Lite ver 2.56.00.13 CPR 9 SR2. I would appreciate any help. There is more talent on this board than anywhere else I know of.

Jim

Tried changing the CIP options, but that did not fix it. I have been trying to find the differnces and found that the 2 that are OK have a route that is local and the 2 that I am having problems with have a CIP # for the route. I don't know how any of that would have gotten changed or if that is even the problem. I haven't changed or upgraded any products since it was working correctly.

THX,
Jim

Screen Shots

Post screen shots if you can because I'm a RSLinx novice.

I don't know much about RSLinx either and appreciate the help. I even had trouble trying to figure how to get the screen shots up, but maybe this will work. Ventura B works OK, Ventura C doesn't.

Ventura B.jpg Ventura C.jpg

If you click on Last config setting and select something else that appears to change the Routing above it. How this affects the "active" part I don't know if it does at all.
I'll learn something from this one as well.

It seems like that last config doesn't change anything. It seems to be the path to the last contoller you connected with. I had just connected to a old serial link right before I took the shots. I think the fact that the comms path is empty on C and not on B may have something to do with it.

Got another AB Tech and he was able to solve it. Under the RS Common Folder, he had me delete all harmony files and it fixed the problem. He said it was because I cad to connect to many different controlllers, the files keep getting rebuilt and finally run out of room. If you were connecting to the same controller all time, it probably wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help Bob.

Got another AB Tech and he was able to solve it. Under the RS Common Folder, he had me delete all harmony files and it fixed the problem. He said it was because I cad to connect to many different controlllers, the files keep getting rebuilt and finally run out of room. If you were connecting to the same controller all time, it probably wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help Bob.

Were you able to delete both Harmony files ?

Was recently advised to do this by RA Tech, but I could only delete one of them, even though I shut-down RSLinx.

I cad to connect to many different controlllers, the files keep getting rebuilt and finally run out of room.

I do apologize that I didn't think of deleting the harmony files because it is one of the first things to try with Linx issues that I know of but I connect to a lot of different controllers and I am curious if they do become full.
Maybe one of our resident RA experts will jump in and explain what these harmony files are.

Is RSLINX running as a service ?

No, it wasn't at the most recent time, because I had been using the PIC driver.

But the thought occurs that it had been running as a service previously in that windows session. Perhaps if I had rebooted the PC it would have let me delete both files.

I will be able to try this again later, and I'll report back.