GEFCOMM.VB help

jcp

hi friends;
i want to use GEFCOMm to build a interface in VB6.0. I read the document but i confuse how the data return from the following method
Status = gefReadPLCMemory(1, PLCMemoryType, PLCAddress, DataLength, DataValues())

Suppose i write following
Status = gefReadPLCMemory(1, R , 154, 2, 0)
IS it right or can i get the value in status variable?
I want to read some individual registers and set the return value in textbox which assign individually to each registers.
Regards

I've never used GEFCOMMVB myself, but instead of the letter R in the parameters list, you may need to use the number 8.

Each of the PLC memory types (%I, %Q, %M, %R, etc is identified by a number in the SNP protocol. Details can be found in the serial communications manual, GFK-0582.

Hi sir;
Yes i used it 8 instead of R but i am confuse this fuction return LOng and status is also declae long but the value in it is wrong always 240 for every register.
what about the data length and datavalues()?
Regards