Omron NQ-Designer: tags for external communication

MBS

hi @ all,

Is anybody of you familiar with this program? I am new to this board here and the nq-designer.
I would like to know how I can control a unit, which is connected via RS232 to an NQ5. Normally, the unit is controlled via hyperterminal in Windows by typing in the commands.
How should I configure a tag in nq-designer, that for example the command "lih on" is send to the unit after touching a button on the NQ-screen?
I have already browsed the software, but I didn't get an idea how to do this so far. Thx for help in advance!

Hi MBS
I don't think the NQ can send bespoke ASCII, like Hyperterminal :confused:

If you connect it to a PLC (Omron CP1L would be perfect) then the PLC can send ASCII.
Pp

ok thx for your reply. that does not sound very good. But I have already seen the ASCII-keybord in the NQ-Designer. For what reason is it then included?

edit: just seen in the helpfile:
"ASCII keypad is used to enter the ASCII data to Tag embedded on screen with ASCII Data Type. It is predefined keypad with specific keys with ASCII Characters.With help of such keypad String of characters sent to / from PLC/other device can be displayed or transmitted."

Last edited: