C-more Numeric Display Background Color

Archie

This is my first project using a C-More, so I may be overlooking the obvious. I have a numeric display for a measurement that I need to change green when passing and red when failing.

I don't see any way to dynamically change the background color. Neither do I see a way to make the background transparent and overlay the number on an indicator.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Try overlapping two different numeric indicators - one with a green background and one with a red background. Set the visibility option (in the "options" tab) to only allow the numeric indicator with the correct background to be visible when the parameter of your choice (tag) is OK.

Try overlapping two different numeric indicators - one with a green background and one with a red background. Set the visibility option (in the "options" tab) to only allow the numeric indicator with the correct background to be visible when the parameter of your choice (tag) is OK.
I was thinking along that line, but thought maybe there was a way to do it without having an object that can't be seen in the designer.

I did it with the overlaying objects and it gets the job done.

Thanks!

When ever I have to use numeric displays with different colors depending on results, I just use the Visibility option and multiple copies laid ontop of each other.

Maybe they should work on something like a "multistate numeric display" for a later firmware update.

Speaking of multistate numeric display... is there a way to imbed your variable in a multistate text indicator? That might work, if possible, I haven't tried it.